Welcome to Hillview Sports Club. Located in Clonmel, Co. Tipperary, Hillview is a multisport thriving club.
Hillview was originally a tennis club. The club commenced its activities in 1939. At the time, there were 6 lawn courts in use. In 1955, PJ Bell designed the original 9 hole pitch & Putt course.In 1973, the old timber pavilion was demolished and was replaced in 1974, by a new clubhouse, badminton hall and bar.The opening of the new clubhouse coincided with a name change from Hillview Lawn Tennis and Pitch & Putt Club to Hillview ( Clonmel ) Sports Club.In 1978, the Pitch & Putt course was extended to include " The Bog " at the south end of the course. This area had lain fallow for many years. The chief architect of the new course was Nial O Neill who, with the support of many local volunteers, set about designing and building the extra holes, some of which are used today in the championship course.A second badminton hall was added in the early 1980's. A major extension to the club house was completed in 1992. The new extension incorporated new dressing rooms, kitchen and bar. By 2000, all 6 tennis courts had been changed to savannah.