The Hillview course is well up there in terms of standards. When it comes to hosting big competitions like All Irelands, Hillview is second on the list of most used venues in the country so that speaks volumes about the standard of the course. In 1955, PJ Bell designed the original 9 hole pitch & Putt course.
In 1978, the Pitch & Putt course was extended to include " The Bog " at the south end of the course. This area had lain fallow for many years. The chief architect of the new course was Nial O Neill who, with the support of many local volunteers, set about designing and building the extra holes, some of which are used today in the championship course.